Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crafty Composers

I have a board on Pinterest called Crafty. It's where I have been collecting ideas that I might like to turn into piano crafts. A few weeks ago I found this cute project from Flip Chick Designs and I thought, "ah-ha, composer puzzles!"

So here is my twist on this quick little craft. I did it with a group of girls at our piano party last week.

So far I have only done Beethoven and Mozart, but when things wind down I'll find some time to do more.

Feel free to download this page with Beethoven and Mozart to give it a try. I sent mine off to be printed on photo paper, but I also did a test run with my ink jet printer and that worked too.

Print images of your favourite composers on photo paper

Measure and mark the width of your Popsicle sticks

Cut into strips

Apply a light layer of Mod Podge glue and press the pieces into place.

Apply a final coat of Mod Podge and let it dry.

Mix up the sticks

Voila!

7 comments:

  1. You could add interesting bio facts on each composer to the back of your sticks. Turn it into a bit of a music history game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Love it! They would be nice just as wall hangings too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Maybe I will have time to make it this summer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a board for piano ideas on my Pinterest too! Looking forward to using the summer to make a few more teaching aides/games. This puzzle idea is a good one!! And...since I just finished my music history course, the facts are still fresh in my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah, I'll look you up on Pinterest! Hooray for summer crafty projects eh? Congrats on the History exam. I loved studying for mine (though I've forgotten a lot already).

      Delete
    2. Oh now- don't tell me that! I'm so afraid I'll forget stuff! :(

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...